Basic SEO Checklist, Local SEO Checklist, Powerful 2017 SEO Checklist, SEO Checklist for Website Owners
Ultimate SEO Checklist 2017-18: Daily, Monthly, and Annual SEO Tasks
- Install Google Analytics (or other traffic tracking tools).
- Install Yoast SEO if you’re using WordPress. Otherwise, find a suitable alternative for modifying page titles and meta descriptions.
- Use a sitemap generating tool to keep an updated sitemap at all times. Yoast SEO handles this for you if you are on WordPress!
- Submit your sitemap to Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Create and upload a robots.txt file so search engines can properly crawl your website. WordPress manages this for you.
- Install an SSL certificate.
- Ensure your site is mobile-friendly using Google’s mobile-friendliness testing tool.
- Claim your business on all business listing sites, such as Google My Business and Yelp.
- Claim your brand name around the web. You can use tools like NameChk or NameCheckr to speed things along.
- Add Structured Data Markup to your website.
- Make sure essential pages are present: About, Contact, and Privacy are a bare minimum.